Chilling out in Vietnam

Welcome to the Saigonist Expat Forum! Anyone is welcome to ask and answer questions here and there's no need to create an account.

Ask anything related to living and working in Saigon or Vietnam. All that I ask in return is that you look at the existing topics and try to help others with any information that you know.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simon (not verified)
Chilling out in Vietnam

Hello All,

Qick enquiry please,

My UK job finishes next March 2013 and I am looking to chill and take a break for a couple of months and Vietnam interests me.

I am looking initially not to work but to find somewhere to live near the coast which is scenic, quiet and hopefully near the sea...

Any ideas of any areas where to start looking and accomodation near the sea which is really quiet but close to amenities/food etc...

Any advice...cheers

Simon

tomo

Probably the biggest city in Vietnam that's also on the beach would be Nha Trang. There are a lot of tourist services there which should make life comfortable enough. There are tropical islands nearby. You can do stuff like parasailing, jet skiing, etc.

Next there's Mui Ne / Phan Thiet, quite popular with the Russians. You can learn how to kite-surf there.

If you want to be both by the sea and by the big city, you could rough it in Vung Tau with all the (Russian) oil workers.

Other possible options would be the islands of Phu Quoc and Con Dao (maybe too expensive) and lesser known beach options like Hoi An (more famous for tailor-made suits and dresses) and Quy Nhon.

© 2010-2014 Saigonist.